Visiting the Libraries
The Courtauld Library collections are currently based in two locations and are open to:
- Courtauld students and staff (Somerset House by appointment only)
- External visitors (all locations by appointment only)
The Library at Vernon Square is located on the ground floor at: Vernon Square, London WC1X 9EW.
Collections based here include our:
- Print book main collection
- Exhibition catalogues
- Theses collection (to be ordered in advance from remote storage)
- All other remote storage items (to be ordered in advance)
Courtauld students and staff do not need to book unless making a ‘Book a Librarian’ appointment.
Please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 (0) 20 3947 7627 for help and advice.
The Libraries are located on the lower ground floor and in the basement at: Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 0RN.
Please note, due to the impact of temporary building works we have no lift access. Wheelchair users and those with accessibility needs please contact us for arrangements.
Our collections based here include:
Our current opening times are:
Vernon Square Term – Time Hours
Monday – Friday 09:30 – 22:00:
09:30 – 19:00 Library and IT Helpdesk
19:00 – 22:00 reference use only
Saturday – Sunday 09:15 – 21:15:
09:15 – 21:15 reference use only, Library and IT Helpdesk CLOSED
Monday – Friday, 13:30 – 17:30 (by appointment only)