Our virtual tour uses a photographic technique to show The Courtauld Gallery and our collection in exceptional close-up quality.
You can roam each room of the Gallery, as it was before it temporarily closed in September 2018, and zoom in to look closely at masterpieces from our collection such as Vincent van Gogh’s Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear or Édouard Manet’s A Bar at the Folies-Bergère, from individual brush strokes to the texture of the paint.
Please note that The Courtauld Gallery is due to reopen later this year following a major transformation project to restore its grandeur and create state-of-the-art facilities. This virtual tour shows the Gallery before it closed in September 2018.
Using the Tour
- Click the icon to turn on full-screen view, and then to turn it off.
- Click on illuminated doors, or use the Room menu, to move to a different room.
- Click on illuminated flooring areas to move your standing position within a room.
- On a desktop computer or tablet: Click the screen, then hold and drag or use your cursor keys on your keyboard to move your view around.
- To zoom in, press the ‘a’ key on your keyboard. To zoom out, press the ‘z’ key on your keyboard.
- On a mobile or tablet device: Touch, hold then drag to move around. Use a ‘pinch out’ gesture to zoom in, and a ‘pinch in’ gesture to zoom out