Printing and scanning
Staff and students have access to multi-functional devices (MFDs) throughout Vernon Square and Somerset House, which can be used to print, scan or copy documents.
Visitor printing is currently being updated. Please ask a member of staff when visiting the library or contact us at email@example.com.
On this page you will find information on how to top-up your account and print from a personal computer. You can also download these two helpful guides for quick reference:
How to print
You must have credit on your account to print. If you do not, your documents may not appear.
- To top-up, go to the budget recharge website and log-in with your Courtauld User ID and password
- Upload your document via the secure print website
- Log-in using your Courtauld User ID and password
- From the colour printing drop down menu select only ‘Black and White’ or ‘only colour’
- Locate a printer (locations are displayed at the bottom of this page)
- Swipe your Courtauld ID card through the card reader (on the right-hand side of the MFD)
- A screen with options to Copy, Scan and Send or Secure Print will appear
- Select ‘Secure Print’ and release your job
Please note you may need to register your card if printing for the first time.
To do this, enter your Courtauld User ID and password on the MFD (if you need help doing this please ask a member of staff).
The cost of printing for Courtauld students is:
- 5p per page in black and white
- 20p per page in colour
- 20p per page in black and white
- 40p per page in colour
Please note the balance on your account will remain on your card for the duration of your course.
If you have credit when you leave you are able to request a refund through the Finance Department.
Where can I print?
The MFDs can be found at:
- in the library (ground floor)
- in the Library Study Room (ground floor)
- on the first floor, behind the Lecture Theatre
- on the third floor, opposite the Public Programmes office, on the way to the common room
- on the second floor in the Slide Library
- on the first floor, in the Director’s Corridor
- on the mezzanine floor, outside the Finance Office