We look forward to welcoming you soon to The Courtauld Gallery! The following information will help you to make the most of your visit.
- Please arrive via The Strand entrance to Somerset House and go to The Courtauld Gallery main entrance, which is on your right
- Please bring a copy of your ticket with you, preferably on your phone or tablet. If you do not have a smartphone, print outs will also be accepted
- Please stick to the entry time on your ticket, as we may not be able to admit you if you arrive at a different time.
- Your ticket will have been sent from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a Friend or Patron, please bring your membership card
- A small number of lockers are available on the Lower Ground Floor, but there is no space for large bags or luggage
- Pushchairs are welcome in the galleries but we cannot store these; baby changing facilities are available in the toilets on the Lower Ground Floor
- The Courtauld Shop is on the Lower Ground Floor
- Drinks and snack are available in the small café on the Lower Ground Floor, and a wider menus is available in our new Art Café opposite the Gallery in the vestibule entrance
- We only accept card or contactless payments to minimise touchpoints.
- There is a lift to all floors, and a platform lift in the ticket hall
- The main entrance is at street level, under the arches of The Strand entrance to Somerset House
- We have three wheelchairs available at the ticket desk, as well as folding stools and magnifying glasses
- Assistance dogs are welcome
Hygiene and safety measures
To minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission, we are asking all visitors to:
- Not enter if you have COVID-19 symptoms, if you have tested positive or have been told to isolate or quarantine
- Stick to your times ticket slot, to help us manage the number of visitors in the building
- If you have a compatible device, download the NHS COVID-19 app and scan the QR code when entering the building
- Keep your distance from other visitors, wherever possible
- Use contactless payment methods – we are now cashless
- Make use of hand sanitiser located at the entrance
- Avoid using lifts unless you need to for access or mobility reasons
We also recommend that visitors:
- Wear a face covering, especially in crowded or enclosed spaces
- Take a Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test the before before or on the day of your visit
Discover more with Bloomberg Connects
Go behind the scenes with videos, audio guides, and imagery available in our digital guide on Bloomberg Connects, the free arts and culture app.
Available on App Store and Google Play.