In June and July 2023, Summer School returns to campus with an expanded programme, including a number of newly commissioned courses.
Morning or afternoon classroom sessions are complemented by object-focused study in London’s museums, galleries, print rooms and churches. The teaching day generally lasts from 10:00 to 16:30, with registration from 09:30 on the first day.
We look forward to the particular sociability that teaching in person brings – not only in the classroom itself, and during visits, but also during shared morning refreshments and drinks receptions.
The Courtauld Gallery will host post-graduate talks introducing elements of the collections; it also features as a teaching resource in many of our courses, and will be the splendid venue of one of our four Thursday evening Summer School parties.
Summer School on campus includes a framework programme to which all students across the month are invited and which typically includes a plenary lecture, a music recital, a film screening and an ‘in conversation with’ debate.
The fee for all Summer School on campus courses is £595.
All Summer School on campus courses take place at our Vernon Square campus.
Summer School on campus includes...
- Classroom sessions
- Course visits
- A Monday soft drinks reception and guided tours to aspects of the Gallery at Somerset House
- A Thursday late afternoon framework event followed by a drinks reception
- A drinks reception in The Courtauld Gallery
- Extensive course reading and handout materials and suggestions for further self-directed study on the VLE
- Reference access to the Library during Summer School and in the nearest vacation