In July, Summer School returns to Vernon Square after a hiatus of two years! Morning classroom sessions will once again be complemented by object-focused study in London’s museums, galleries, printrooms and churches in the afternoons.
We look forward to the particular sociability that teaching in person brings – not only in the classroom itself, and during visits, but also during shared morning refreshments and drinks receptions.
The recently re-opened Courtauld Gallery will host post-graduate talks introducing elements of the collections, will feature as a teaching resource in many of our courses, and will be the splendid venue of one of our four Thursday evening Summer School parties.
Summer School 2022 includes a framework programme to which all students across the month are invited and which features a plenary lecture, a music recital, a film screening and an ‘in conversation with’ debate.
Summer School on campus includes...
- morning classroom sessions
- mid-morning refreshments and tea in the afternoons, if classes are on campus
- afternoon class visits
- a Monday soft drinks reception and guided tours to aspects of the Gallery at Somerset House
- a Thursday late afternoon framework event followed by a drinks reception
- Extensive course reading and handout materials and suggestions for further self-directed study on the VLE
- Reference access to The Courtauld library from the last week of June and during July and August. Library tours at 13.15 and 13.45 on the Tuesday of each Summer School week in July.