Blog: Celebrating one year since The Courtauld Gallery reopened
How time flies! Today (19 December) marks one year since The Courtauld Gallery reopened to the public following a 3-year major transformation.
From critically acclaimed exhibitions including Van Gogh. Self Portraits and Munch: Masterpieces from Bergen, to showing the future King around the Gallery, opening our beautiful new shop and a host of amazing events including After Hours and the Morgan Stanley Lates with Somerset House, it has been quite the year!
Over 300,000 of you visited the Gallery and we loved welcoming our loyal visitors back – and meeting lots of new faces too! Thank you to everyone who visited and supported The Courtauld Gallery.
See some of the highlights from our reopening year below, and share your favourite moments with us on Instagram by tagging @Courtauld
Highlights from our reopening year
- We unveiled our refurbished galleries including the LVHM Great Room, the jewel in The Courtauld’s crown
- Masterpieces from The Courtauld’s world-famous collection were shown on the iconic screen in Piccadilly Circus on 20 Nov
- Our blockbuster Van Gogh. Self Portraits exhibition opened in Feb 2022
- Munch: Masterpieces from Bergen opened in May 2022 to critical acclaim
- Welcoming Prince Charles (now King Charles III) to the Gallery in Dec 2021
- Botticelli’s The Trinity with Saints was unveiled in the Blavatnik Fine Rooms following extensive conservation
- Visitors queued for the first After Hours: Glow Up event at the Gallery in Dec 2021
- Crowds enjoying our Morgan Stanley Lates with Somerset House and The Courtauld
- We opened our beautiful shop on the Lower Ground Floor of the Gallery
- Visitors enjoying our After-Hours: Fuseli illustration masterclass
- Our popular student lunch time talks series returned in October