Discover the new Courtauld Shop!
The Courtauld’s new online shop – https://shop.courtauld.ac.uk – is now open for business, with the physical shop opening in the vaults space on the lower ground floor of The Courtauld Gallery in Somerset House on 19 November.
Initially, the online shop will feature a capsule range of products including prints, books, fashion and homeware, with new products added frequently over the next few months – it will also offer free UK delivery on orders of £50 or more.
Once The Courtauld Gallery reopens, an extensive range of products will also be available in the new shop, now in the unique and atmospheric vaulted space under the building. The area will be named as the Deborah Loeb Brice Vaults in recognition of the transformational support to The Courtauld from the Deborah Loeb Brice Foundation.
Both online and on site, The Courtauld Shop will feature a range of exclusive and carefully curated product inspired by art and artists in our collections, the fascinating history of The Courtauld and its place at the forefront of advancing the understanding of the visual arts. Whether curious or expert, there will be something to suit every taste.
Highlights will include homewares inspired by the bohemian creativity of the Bloomsbury Group; products that reflect the exquisite detail of Manet’s iconic work A Bar at the Folies-Bergère; a selection of art and gift books and an edit of collection prints available for you to order in a range of sizes and frames.
The shop will also look to showcase unique products from British independent businesses, supporting artists and makers working locally, from a diverse range of backgrounds. Exciting creative talents such as paper flower maker Emmeli Kimhi and jeweller Aliyah Hussein have designed exclusive collections, drawing inspiration from artworks in our collection.
Supporting The Courtauld’s wider commitment to sustainability, packaging will be plastic-free wherever possible and the range looks to make use of recycled and natural materials, as well as to source products from within the UK.
Product highlights include:
- Custom prints: Choose from a range of 50 prints featuring the Impressionist icons of The Courtauld’s collection, whether that’s on art paper or canvas, and in a range of sizes and frames
- Limited Edition Omega Workshops’ Flowers: Flower sculptures were a lesser known output of the Omega Workshops and can be spotted in several works by Bloomsbury Group artists. None of the original flowers survived, so to celebrate the re-opening we have recreated these modernist artefacts in small limited numbers.
- Limited edition Designer rugs: To celebrate The Courtauld’s wider collaboration with internationally renowned textile company Christopher Farr, four brand new Omega Workshops designs have been produced as rugs for The Courtauld shop. These will be on display when the shop reopens, and are created by master craftsmen using hand dyed yarn. Each rug design has been produced as a limited edition of 250.
- Vintage posters: Explore The Courtauld’s history told through a capsule range of historic exhibition posters, now reissued for the first time
- A 10% discount will be available both online and on-site in The Courtauld Gallery to Courtauld Friends.* All profits from the shop will go to support The Courtauld’s mission to advance the understanding of the visual arts.
*Discount is not available on limited Edition or Special Edition Prints and Commissions. The terms of discount may vary accordingly on certain products.