Browse and Borrow
From Monday 17 May 2021 we welcome you back to the library space at Vernon Square with Browse and Borrow*. You can browse the shelves, use the reading rooms to consult items, photocopy and borrow books. This service replaces Click and Collect.
For PC bookings and study space please continue to use Stay and Study.
If you are unable to travel to the library and need to return books you can do this free of charge with Clicksit.
*Please only book a space in the library if you need access to the shelves.
As the government’s advice remains to maintain social distancing, you must:
- Book your visit in advance through our Browse and Borrow service
- Take a Lateral Flow test the day before or the morning of your visit (or twice a week if you are attending regularly), and be prepared to share your results
- Not come in if you feel unwell or have been told to self-isolate
- Travel outside of peak times (where possible)
- Wear a face covering inside the building (including in the library spaces)
- Follow one-way routes and social distancing guidelines and stay 2m away from other people wherever possible (including in the rolling stacks)
- Maintain good hand hygiene, washing hands and using hand sanitiser
- Scan the NHS app QR code on visiting the building if you have this downloaded on your phone
- Tap in your ID/ access card on the reader by the door that leads into the staircase from the Vernon Square Reception and/ or on the reader at the library turnstile (if you are not using any other part of the building)
While you are in the library, remember to:
- Avoid adjusting the doors or windows that we have opened to ensure good ventilation
- Leave the seats where we have placed them to maintain social distancing
- Sanitise your hands before and after using the books
- Place any books you have taken off the shelves on the trolleys we provide
- Bring the books you want to borrow to the helpdesk as soon as you have chosen them to minimise queues at the end of each session
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions (staff in the library can only help you find items and resolve issues with your account)
1. Check availability through our booking system
The calendar shows the slots available for the next seven days
2. Chose the session that suits you using your Courtauld IT account and email address
Each session last one hour and 45 minutes, making sure as many of you can access the shelves as possible. Please try and book your sessions either on Mondays to Wednesdays or on Thursdays and Fridays. This means we are less likely to have to close if you subsequently test positive for COVID-19 as the Library team works in bubbles
3. Check your email for confirmation of your booking
We will share details of arrangements for visiting the Vernon Square Library and send you a reminder the day before your booking
4. Follow these instructions when you arrive
You can arrive any time during your appointment but we will ask you to leave at the end of your booking so we can prepare the spaces for your friends