Join The Courtauld for an evening of culture after dark at our latest ‘After Hours’ event!
To celebrate our latest exhibition of new and recent works by Peter Doig – including paintings and works on paper created since the artist’s move from Trinidad to London in 2021 – this After Hours event will grant attendees the opportunity to make, hear and learn.
This After Hours event, produced by our MA History of Art Ekphrasis between Music and the Visual Arts, will explore our exhibitions and collection through music, meditation and intervention. This event is open and accessible to all. All materials will be provided on arrival.
Please note that valid identification will be required for staff, student, volunteer, friend and partner tickets.
Making: Rework Manet’s A Bar at the Folies-Bergere through making. The MA students invite attendees to take part in an intervention from 7 – 9pm in The LVMH Great Room. Graffiti our replica ‘Bar’ and create your own flowers to take home. All materials will be provided.
Music: All these performances will take place in front of works of art and be accompanied by pop-up talks by our team of experts.
- The LVMH Great Room, 7.15 – 7.30: Soprano Helen Lacey and pianist Alex Standing will perform repertoire from late 19th century Paris
- The LVMH Great Room, 7.35 – 7.50: Pianist Yanran Li will perform music by the first owner of Manet’s Bar
- The Blavatnik Fine Rooms, 8.00 – 8.15: The Courtauld Singers will perform Lutheran Easter music
- Katja and Nicolai Tangen 20th Century Gallery, 8.20 – 8.45: Guitar and Piano duet
Gallery Yoga: End your day with Emily Cohen and Roberta Travers for an energising short and sweet Yin Yoga flow, all in the company of our master paintings. Tune in to your breathing, energise your body and move through a series of ancient yogic movements beneath our magnificent ceilings for aspecial yoga experience amongst the treasures of our collection. Suitable for all levels and mats will be provided.
- The Blavatnik Fine Rooms, 7.10 – 7.25
- The Blavatnik Fine Rooms, 7.30 – 7.45
- The Blavatnik Fine Rooms, 7.50 – 8.05
- The Blavatnik Fine Rooms, 8.10 – 8.25
- The Blavatnik Fine Rooms, 8.30 – 8.45
Our After Hours series is produced as part of the Open Courtauld strand hosted by The Research Forum. This strand is all about sharing advanced research in art history, curating, and conservation, and is part of our Courtauld Connects project.
Aligning with The Courtauld’s digital events series ‘Open Courtauld Hour’ our ‘After Hours’ will broach contemporary issues in society through participatory activities that encourage new perspectives and thinking, focused on The Courtauld collection.