Information about OpenAthens
OpenAthens (also known as Athens) enables Courtauld students and staff to access many online resources off-campus. These include scans of required readings, e-books, online journals and databases. Wherever you see this screen:
You need to log in with your OpenAthens username (beginning CIA…) and password.
You can then view the online resource on the providers’ platform.
Accessing Resources From Home: watch our short ‘top tips’ video
A transcript to go with our ‘Accessing Online Resources from Home’ is available here
The OpenAthens login will appear differently on each online resource. To access an online resource using OpenAthens:
- Look for a login area
- If there is the option to login via OpenAthens, select this option
- If OpenAthens is not listed, look for Institutional Login then OpenAthens or Shibboleth
- If prompted, select The Courtauld
- Enter your OpenAthens username and password
- OpenAthens will then redirect you back to the online resource.
For a full list of online resources you can access using your OpenAthens username and password, log in to MyAthens.
You can find more information about OpenAthens in the FAQs below. If you need assistance, contact us.