This accommodation is available for postgraduate conditional and unconditional offer holders and current students only. Applications to live in Duchy House is direct to The Courtauld. The application portal is now open. Closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 30 June 2023.
Duchy House, is located approximately 100 metres from Somerset House, on the corner of the Strand and Lancaster Place. The accommodation is approximately 25-to-30 minutes’ walk to Vernon Square. Duchy House offers 58 single occupancy rooms across four floors with five different room types, see summary table below.
Duchy House offers easy access to the attractions of Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Oxford Street, West End Theatres, and being just off Waterloo Bridge you have instant access to the Southbank. Cinemas, clubs, music venues are all very close by. Galleries, (of course!) are in close vicinity to Duchy House, with The National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery just down the Strand, Tate Modern on the South Bank and The Courtauld Gallery.
|Approximate Room Size||Catering Option||Number of Rooms||Price Per Week||37 Week Contract Total||43 Week Contract Total|
|Large Double Ensuite||13 sqm||Self-catered||7||£328||£12,136||£14,104|
|Small Double Ensuite||11 sqm||Self-catered||8||£300||£11,100||£12,900|
|Medium Single Ensuite||11 sqm||Self-catered||17||£284||£10,490||£12,191|
|Small Single Ensuite||9 sqm||Self-catered||18||£241||£8,899||£10,342|
|Small Single with Shared Bathroom||9 sqm||Self-catered||8||£207||£7,659||£8,901|
The key features of Duchy House
Note: Undergraduate students (BA2 and BA3) living at Duchy House will be offered a 37 week contract, whilst Postgraduate students will receive a 43 week contract.
- All rooms are singular occupied, there is no sharing
- All rooms are furnished with either a double or single bed, bedside cabinet, study desk, wardrobe, bookshelf, desk lamp, mini fridge
- Free Wi-Fi
- A communal kitchen on each floor with a gas or electric cooker and microwaves
- A common room on the second and third floors
- Free to use on-site laundry facilities
- Daily cleaning service of common areas. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own rooms. Vacuum cleaners are supplied on each floor.
- Entry to the building and each floor is via swipe card access
- The external entrance, internal lobby and staircase landings have 24-hour monitored CCTV
- The weekly rate is inclusive of room and utilities (water, gas, electricity)
- Licence Agreements are 37 weeks (for undergraduates) and 43 weeks (for postgraduates)
- Move-in date (subjected to prior agreement) can be from Monday 11 September 2023 prior to welcome week (w/c 18 September 2023).
If you have any specific accommodation requirements and would like to arrange a viewing please send an E-mail to email@example.com
Below, you will find links to our Duchy House Handbook which provides you with an overview of the premises and is our A-Z guide for living in Duchy House. Provided also are the floor plans of the premises showing the general configuration and a sample of the Licence Agreement that will be formally issued with accommodation offers. If you have any queries regarding this information or require further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org