[ONLINE]: Continuous Page: Bringing Art Online in a Pandemic
Monday 23 November 2020
PLEASE NOTE: This Date Has Passed
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Online event, Zoom Webinar
- Sria Chaterjee - Contributing Editor, British Art Studies
- Lauren Kilroy-Ewbank - Dean of Content, Smarthistory.org
- Daniel Pett - Head of Digital and IT, Fitzwilliam Museum
- Sandra Williams - Managing Director, Khamseen: Islamic Art History Online
- Jack Hartnell - UEA / Editor, Continuous Page
To celebrate the launch of the latest volume in the Courtauld Books Online series—Continuous Page: Scrolls and Scrolling from Papyrus to Hypertext—this roundtable discussion will reflect on art history’s recent rush online in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As well as being joined by the book’s contributors, a panel of experts from various fields of digital art history will consider the impact of the pandemic in their different lines of work, from museums and journals to digital research projects and public history.
Together, we hope to offer a variety of solutions for crafting an intelligent and responsible digital art history in these troubled times, thinking through how in spite of the devastating lockdowns and closures of recent months, new opportunities are presenting themselves for our community to flourish online.