31 Dec 2020
Covid-19 – update on the start of the Spring Term
New Government restrictions mean a number of changes to The Courtauld’s plan for the start of the Spring Term.
Key information is as follows:
- No face-to-face teaching will be possible before w/c 25 January, at the earliest. All teaching will be online from 11 January.
- As the previous Government approach to face-to-face teaching has been to implement a staggered return to classes, with practical subjects having priority, it is likely that the return date for the majority of Courtauld students will be later than this. The Government will provide a further update w/c 18 January, and we will share details as soon as we can after that.
- In-person Conservation teaching will now not begin until at least w/c 25 January, but online teaching will be provided from 11 January.
- Vernon Square and the Library will reopen as planned w/c 4 January, but with reduced hours – we will confirm these w/c 4 January.
- Working space in the Library will still be available for students who do not have access to appropriate study space at home, but students are encouraged to only make use of this if they need to.
- Where possible, students (including commuter students and research students) should avoid travelling to campus, in line with the ‘Stay At Home’ guidance in Tier 4.
For those students currently outside of London, this also means:
- Students should avoid returning to their term time accommodation in London before face-to-face teaching begins. If possible, international students are also encouraged to change their return to a later date.
- However, if you need to return to Duchy House – due to pre-planned travel, or lack of other suitable accommodation – we will support you with this. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your plans.
- If you do return prior to 25 January from elsewhere in the UK, you should take two COVID tests, and isolate whilst waiting for a negative result. Tests are available at King’s College London or Student Central from 5 January, and are free – more information on how to book can be found at https://courtauld.ac.uk/coronavirus
- Students returning from overseas must also quarantine in their accommodation for 10 days, or 5 days with a private negative test – more information can be found here.