Covid-19 Student Responsibility Agreement
The purpose of this Agreement is to secure everyone’s agreement to protect ourselves and each other within The Courtauld and the wider community in the light of the continuing Covid-19 pandemic. It is an affirmation of our shared values – community, consideration for others, respect and tolerance, and inclusion.
The Courtauld expects that disruption resulting from Covid-19 to continue to affect our operations for much or potentially all of the academic year 2020/21, particularly as a consequence of continuing Government requirements for social distancing. The commitments set out in this Agreement must be read in the light of the exceptional circumstances created by Covid-19 and supplement The Courtauld’s existing Regulations and policies.
Adapting to life at The Courtauld and the wider environment under Covid-19 safety measures is new to everyone. Students, staff, volunteers and visitors will need to develop new habits and make adjustments to their daily life to enable academic and social activity to take place as safely as possible.
The Courtauld has undertaken an organisational risk assessment for all Courtauld activities ahead of the start of the new academic year this September. We have introduced a range of safety and increased hygiene measures for this academic year, including but not limited to those listed below:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting regimes, including making available hand sanitiser and PPE on site in key areas;
- Implementation of social distancing in line with Government guidance;
- Implementation of one-way systems and clear signage to help to manage numbers in entering and moving around the premises;
- Delivering a blended mix of face-to-face and online learning;
- Providing clear guidance to students about how to look after their health and wellbeing, and how to seek support and how to raise concerns about members of The Courtauld community who are not following the appropriate guidance.
In order to protect our community’s health and support our collective wellbeing during the Covid-19 pandemic, each student is expected to make the following commitments about their behaviour by signing this Agreement.
- I will abide by all national public health regulations brought in to stop the spread of Covid-19 and follow specific guidance on health measures, together with local public health guidance as relevant for the circumstances I am in. This includes complying with any national or local lockdowns, quarantine regulations if I am travelling from outside the UK and self-isolating if:
- I will, if I own a compatible iPhone or android mobile phone, download the NHS Covid-19 app and will scan the QR code displayed in the reception entrance (and or in communal areas) each day I enter The Courtauld’s premises at Vernon Square, Somerset House and Duchy House.
- I will immediately inform The Courtauld via firstname.lastname@example.org should I have Covid-19 symptoms, be tested positive for or diagnosed with Covid-19 or be contacted as part of the ‘NHS Test and Trace’ scheme, and will follow self-isolation guidelines as appropriate. I will not come to Vernon Square and or Somerset House under any of these circumstances.
- I will practise effective hygiene methods to limit contact transmission, including:
- regular thorough handwashing with soap,
- use of hand sanitisers as requested,
- correct wearing and disposal/washing of face coverings.
- If I live in Courtauld accommodation (Duchy House), I will follow guidelines on how I interact with and share communal spaces with fellow residents and will adhere to the Covid guidance set out in the Licence Agreement and Accommodation Handbook and any additional guidance provided by the Accommodation Manager.
- If I live in a third party providers’ accommodation or private household, I will follow guidance provided by the Halls Management and/or the relevant Government/Public Health England guidance.
- I will follow Government guidance on interactions with other households and being in groups and will not invite people from outside of my household to events which would contravene the guidance.
- I will respect guidance issued in regards to bringing external guests/visitors into The Courtauld’s accommodation (Duchy House) and or third party providers’ accommodation as per the terms set out in my Licence Agreement.
- I will adhere to social distancing requirements and maximum group size rules.
- I will follow all rules and signage about expected behaviour for the space I am in when interacting with anyone outside my household, whether on Courtauld premises, on public transport or elsewhere.
- I will adhere to The Courtauld’s policy and Government rules on wearing face coverings at all times I am in Courtauld premises.
- I will show respect and consideration to fellow students, staff, volunteers and all visitors to The Courtauld and the wider community.
- I accept that The Courtauld may ask if instructed by a third party, i.e. the local authority, London Mayor’s Office, to avoid socialising outside of the household and or the accommodation I am living. I will not to go to bars or other hospitality venues, if authorities impose this as a necessary step to manage the virus in the student population and the wider community.