Code of Conduct
We want everyone to have a positive and transformative experience while attending an event run by the Learning Team at The Courtauld. To support this, we request all staff, speakers and attending students to adhere to our code of conduct to ensure everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
If you feel that any part of this guidance has been breached, or you would like to raise a concern, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating a safe space for listening and learning
We understand participating in an in person or live online event can feel daunting. To combat this, we aim to create a positive learning environment where participants and staff listen, respect and learn with each other.
- We expect everyone to demonstrate respect to all staff, student ambassadors, guest speakers and participating attendees regardless of age, gender, race, background and/or beliefs.
- Please behave in a friendly, cooperative, polite and responsible manner.
- Coming with a positive can-do attitude, whilst being prepared and willing to learn, will really help in the learning process.
- Attending every session makes sure you get the best out of the opportunity.
- If you do feel overwhelmed, please tell a member of The Courtauld team and then take a short break. Only return when you feel comfortably able to do so.
- Every session will be monitored by a member of staff. You will never be in a session with only one other member of staff/attendee.
- If you are unable to attend, please notify a member of The Courtauld team via e-mail or phone as soon as possible, this will enable us to keep an accurate attendance record.
Your online safety is really important to us. We want you to feel safe and secure when attending our session.
- To keep track of who is attending, each invitation and link is different. Please do not share this with others.
- We do encourage, especially when speaking, for cameras and microphones to be turned on. When doing so, please make sure your background is blurred or of a neutral display and you are not going to be disturbed. If needed, please mute your microphone or turn off your camera until it is safe to reactivate.
- We advise only displaying your first name and do not share your email, phone number or social media account details with anyone else or disclose any personal information when chatting.
- If you are contacted outside of the session by another member of the cohort, please email us straight away.
- Please, do not take photographs of your screen or share any images of the online session.
Sessions will be recorded by The Courtauld for safeguarding and for some sessions a resource bank (this will be highlighted to attendees if the case). Participating students will have a limited access to these resources.
Please reach out to a member of staff immediately if you become aware of any issues or content that is upsetting or inappropriate.
If you require support at anytime before or after the event please speak to a member of The Courtauld team.
Please contact the Learning Team with any issues at email@example.com
We are here to support and deliver a positive experience for all our attendees.
Breaking the code of conduct
By attending an event at The Courtauld, you agree to adhere to the above code of conduct. If this code of conduct is broken, you may be asked to leave the programme. Depending on the severity of the violation, your school/college and emergency contact will also be contacted.