Imagine you live in this building and you are writing a journal entry for one specific day. Try to include as much detail as you can. You can break the day down into 1 or 2 hour chunks if you like.
- Think about what kind of person you might be?
- Perhaps you are a superhero and this is your secret lair?
- Perhaps you are a wicked sorcerer and this is your haunted castle?
- What was the first thing you did when you woke up? What did you do next?
You could add illustrations and floor plans to your diary to show what your home looks like on the inside.
Download If Buildings Could Talk – Courtauld Conway Archive Creative Writing Activity
All images courtesy of the Conway Library, Courtauld Institute of Art CC BY NC 4.0
- Ali Qapu Palace (Ali Gapu Palace; emarat-e Ali Qapu), Circa 1610, Isfahan, Esfahan province, Iran
- Pei, I.M., National Gallery, Wings (building divisions), 1975, Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Castle, 14th Century, Sully-Sur Loire, Loiret, France
- Le Corbousier (Charles Edouard Jeanneret), Villa Savoye, Façade, 1928 -1930, Poissy, Yvelines, France, Photographer Tim Benton
- Lurçat, André , Werkbundsiedlung (Werkbund Housing Estate), House, 1930-1932, Vienna, Austria, Photographer Tim Benton
- Bagras Castle, 12th and 13th Century, Bagras, Turkey