Women’s Magazine Archive (ProQuest)
Access: Accessible using Athens username and password.
An archival research resource comprising the full backfiles of leading women’s interest consumer magazines. Titles are scanned from cover to cover in high-resolution color and feature detailed article-level indexing. Coverage ranges from the late-19th century through to 2005 and these key primary sources permit the examination of the events, trends, and attitudes of this period. Among the research fields served by this material are gender studies, social history, economics/marketing, media, fashion, politics, and popular culture.
Titles included in the two available collections are:
- Better Homes & Gardens (1922 to 2005)
- Chatelaine (1928 to 2005)
- Cosmopolitan (1886 to 2005)
- Essence (1970 to 2005)
- Good Housekeeping (1885 to 2005)
- Ladies’ Home Journal (1883 to 2005)
- Parents (1926 to 2005)
- Redbook (1903 to 2005)
- Seventeen (1944 to 2005)
- Town and Country (1846 to 2005) (forthcoming, March 2018)
- Woman’s Day (1937 to 2005)
- Women’s International Network News (1975 to 2003)