We are happy to advise readers on other libraries for your area of specialism.
The information below is a starting point to finding material in other libraries. Please ask us if you need assistance.
There are a number of very useful online cross-searching facilities that can be used to identify holdings of libraries:
Copac Academic & National Library Catalogue is incredibly useful for the UK. It gives free access to the merged online catalogues of major University and National Libraries in the UK and Ireland, see list of contributing libraries.
For serials try:
- SUNCAT, the Serials Union Catalogue for the UK, or the
- University of London Union List of Serials, enabling searching of libraries within the M25 region and more widely across the East and Southeast.
For worldwide, try:
- The European Library (searches the content of European national libraries)
- KUBIKAT (the collective catalogue of Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence, Max-Planck-Institut, Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte in Munich, Deutsches Forum für Kunstgeschichte, Centre allemand d’histoire de l’art in Paris and Bibliotheca Hertziana, Max Planck-Institut für Kunstgeschichte in Rome)
- Worldcat (searches the collections of more than 10 000 libraries worldwide).
Sconul Access Scheme
Sconul Access is a reciprocal access scheme between UK higher education institutions. The Courtauld Institute participates in Band A of the scheme, meaning that access is available to academic staff on open or fixed term contracts and postgraduate research students registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification awarded purely by research. Band A access includes borrowing rights. Please ask us for more details.