Dr Rosamund GarrettBridget Riley Art Foundation Curatorial Assistant at The Courtauld Gallery (Until November 2018)
Rosamund worked for the National Trust cataloguing the Trust’s extensive collection of tapestries (2012-14) before working in The Courtauld Prints and Drawings Study Room as a Print Room Assistant (2013-15). She later worked as a Curatorial Assistant for The Courtauld Gallery (2015-16) and began her present position as the Bridget Riley Art Foundation Curatorial Assistant in 2016. Rosamund has worked across a wide range of material within the Gallery’s collection, curating exhibitions and displays such as Bloomsbury Art & Design, Bruegel Not Bruegel, Oskar Kokoschka: The Dreaming Youths and Dürer’s Fame.
As of November 2018, Rosamund has moved to a new position as Associate Curator of European and Decorative Art at The Memphis Brooks Museum of Art in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Ph.D. at The Courtauld Institute of Art
Canterbury Cathedral’s Choir Tapestry: Patronage, Production, History and Display – supervised by Prof. Susie Nash and generously funded by the AHRC. 2012 – 2016.
- MA in History of Art at The Courtauld Institute of Art
MA Course: ‘Commemoration, Salvation and Splendour: Aspects of Artistic Production and Patronage in France and the Burgundian Netherlands c.1380 – 1520.’ Taught by Prof. Susie Nash. Generously funded by the AHRC. (Distinction).
MA Dissertation: ‘Les Bûcherons aux Armes des Rolin’: A Re-examination of the Imagery and Patronage in the Tapestry of Woodcutters in the Musée des Art Décoratifs, Paris’. 2011 – 2012.
- MA (Hons) University of Edinburgh and Edinburgh College of Art
Undergraduate MA in the History of Art and Fine Art, specialising in printmaking. (First Class). 2006 – 2011.
- Bridget Riley Art Foundation Curatorial Assistant at The Courtauld Gallery (2016 – 2018)
- Curatorial Assistant at The Courtauld Gallery (2015 – 2016)
- Print Room Assistant at The Courtauld Prints & Drawings Study Room (2013 – 15)
- Tapestry Collections Cataloguer at The National Trust (2012 – 2014)
- Project Manager for The Solar Pavilion at Edinburgh Art Festival (2011)
- Research Intern at The Turner Contemporary, Margate (2011)
- Gallery Assistant at Dovecot Studios, Edinburgh (2010-2011)
- Gallery Assistant at The Sidney Cooper Gallery, Canterbury (2010)
- Bloomsbury Art & Design at The Courtauld Gallery. Special Display. 18 February – 21 September 2017.
- Bruegel Not Bruegel in the Gilbert and Ildiko Butler Drawings Gallery at The Courtauld Gallery. 16 January – 17 April 2016.
- Oskar Kokoschka: The Dreaming Youths at The Courtauld Gallery. Special Display co-curated with Dr Barnaby Wright, Daniel Katz Curator of 20th Century Art. 23 October 2014 – 18 January 2015.
- Dürer’s Fame in the Prints and Drawings Study Room at The Courtauld Gallery. 30 October 2013 – 30 June 2014.
- Founder of Open House (formerly Showcase week) in the Prints and Drawings Study Room at The Courtauld Gallery. Themes include The Nude (October 2014), Scaled Up (June 2015), Land to Shore (October 2015), Storylines (January 2016).
- European Old Masters
- Decorative Arts and Textiles
- Prints and Drawings
- Museum accessibility and outreach
- The museum as a civic space
- ‘We have suffered too long from the dull and the stupidly serious’ : Bloomsbury Art & Design. Art History: Undisciplined. The Courtauld Institute of Art, London. 20 June 2018.
- Reconstructing Canterbury Cathedral’s Choir Tapestry. The 8th New Insights into Sixteenth-and Seventeenth-Century British Architecture. The Society of Antiquaries, Burlington House, London. 20 January 2018.
- Draft, Adapt, Reuse: The Design of the ‘Life of Christ and the Virgin’ Tapestry (1511). The Courtauld Institute of Art Postgraduate Symposium: Showcasing Research. Courtauld Institute of Art, London. 5 March 2015.
- The ‘Life of Christ and the Virgin’ Tapestry: Material Consequences of Theft (abridged). Art Médiéval, Manuscrits Enluminés: Nouvelles recherches et nouvelles méthodes. Séminaire LLL – Lille. Université Charles-de-Gaulle – Lille III, Lille, France. 25 – 27 March 2014.
- The ‘Life of Christ and the Virgin’ Tapestry: Material Consequences of Theft. Berner Forschungscamp Zur Angewandten Kunst (Bernese Research Camp for the Applied Arts). Universität Bern, Bern, Switzerland. 14 – 16 February 2014.
- Late Medieval and Renaissance Textiles. Co-authored with Matthew Reeves to accompany the exhibition of the same name held at the Sam Fogg Gallery, Mayfair (14 June – 13 July 2018). Paul Holberton Publishing, June 2018.
- The Courtauld Collection. A Vision for Impressionism. Contributor. A catalogue to accompany the exhibition of the same name held at the Fondation Louis Vuitton, Paris (20 February – 17 June 2019). Paul Holberton Publishing, February 2019.
Academic Training Programmes
- CHASE Material Witness training programme. 2013 – 2014.
- British Museum Graphic Arts Group (GAG)
- Courtauld Prints and Drawings Group
- Ars Graphica, London
- International Network of Early Career Tapestry Scholars