Paul Mellon Centre Postdoctoral Fellow, 2020-21
- Courtauld Public Programmes, Taboos and Liberations: Gender and Sexuality in British Art 1950-1988, Summer 2021
- Lecturer in Art History, University of Sussex
- BA3 Surrealism: History, Themes and Concepts, Spring 2019
- BA1 Techniques and Meanings in Twentieth-Century Art, Spring 2019
- MA Modernism After Postmodernism: Modern Art and its Interpretation, Autumn 2018
- MA Core Methodologies, Autumn 2016 and 2017 (Teaching Assistant)
- BA2 Lessons in Interpretation, Spring 2016 (Teaching Assistant)
- Francis Bacon
- Post-war Art
- Queer Theory
- Gilles Deleuze
- Georges Bataille
- ‘Man, Woman, Beast: Bacon’s Nudes’, in Anna Testar (ed.), Francis Bacon: Man and Beast, London: Royal Academy of Arts, 2021 (forthcoming).
- ‘Transgressions textuelles: L’héritage français de Francis Bacon’, in Didier Ottinger (ed.), Bacon en toutes lettres, Paris: Centre Pompidou, 2019, pp. 194-202. English edition by Thames & Hudson.
- ‘Beautiful Bodies’, ‘Figures in a Landscape 1956-7′ and ‘Seated Figure 1961′ in Clare Barlow (ed.), Queer British Art: 1861-1967, London, Tate: 2017, pp. 159-163, 164 and 165.
- ‘Bacon, Leiris: The Impossibility of Presence’ in Martin Harrison (ed.), Francis Bacon: France and Monaco, Paris: Albin Michel, 2016, pp. 135-149.
- ‘Francis Bacon’s Dominant Figure: Recent Theoretical and Archival Grapples’, Art History, Volume 38, Issue 3, June 2015, pp. 587-593.
PhD, ‘Francis Bacon’s French Influence(s): From Surrealism to Post-structuralism’, Courtauld Institute of Art, 2018. Supervised by Gavin Parkinson, funded by CHASE/AHRC and a Courtauld Scholarship.
MA, Courtauld Institute of Art, 2014, funded by the AHRC.
BA, University of Leeds, English and History of Art, 2012.
Conferences, Lectures and Symposia
- ‘The Logic of Sens(e)ation: A Deleuzian Encounter Between Francis Bacon and Pierre Klossowski’, 12th Annual Deleuze & Guattari Studies Conference, Royal Holloway, University of London, July 2019
- ‘”I hate a homely atmosphere’: Furniture, Father Figures and Francis Bacon’, 2 Willow Road, National Trust, June 2019
- ‘Francis Bacon in France’ and ‘Surrealism in 1940s Britain’, lectures for Courtauld Public Programmes ‘Showcasing Art History’ lecture series, March 2019
- ‘Bacon/Picasso: The Brutality of Fact’, Third Year Postgraduate Symposium, Courtauld Institute of Art, 8th June 2017
- ‘Representing the Self ‘en procès’: Viewing Francis Bacon’s Van Gogh through Georges Bataille and Antonin Artaud’, Aggression, Transgression and the Avant-garde Conference, University of Edinburgh, 6th June 2017
- ‘Francis Bacon: The Anxiety of Influence’, Ferens Art Gallery, Hull, 30th March 2017
- ‘Bodily Fantasies: Framing Francis Bacon’s Late Paintings and their French Reception’, Tate Liverpool, 17th June 2016
- ‘Francis Bacon and Michel Leiris: Illusions of Manhood’, Modern and Contemporary Second Year Symposium, Courtauld Institute of Art, 20th May 2016
Consultant / Catalogue Raisonné Research, Roy Lichtenstein Foundation, March 2018 – Present
Research Assistant, Barbican Art Gallery, August 2019 – December 2020
Curatorial Placement, Tate Britain, ‘Queer British Art 1861-1967’, supported by CHASE/AHRC, July – October 2016
Editorial Board Member, immediations, Volume 4, Number 1, 2016
Designer, immediations, Volume 4, Number 1, 2016