The Book Library provides access to a number of bibliographic databases and other online resources for Courtauld students and staff.
Some resources are accessible on campus only and others are also accessible off campus using Athens username and password. For a full list of resources accessible via Athens, please log on to MyAthens and select the Resources tab.
Please note that IT Services enable you to login to Courtauld computers from home using SSL software. This should enable you to access all our online resources whether you are on or off campus. Please follow the Login from Home – SSL link under IT Services on the Courtauld VLE for instructions and contact the IT Centre if you have any queries.
If you encounter any problems accessing any of the online resources subscribed to by the Book Library, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers (Gale Cengage Learning, via JISC)
- 19th Century British Newspapers (Gale Cengage Learning, via JISC)
- 19th Century UK Periodicals, Series 1 (Gale Cengage Learning, via JISC)
- Art and Architecture Archive (ProQuest)
- Art, Design and Architecture Collection (ProQuest) Contains ArtBibliographies Modern (ABM), Art & Humanities Full Text, The Design and Applied Arts Index (DAAI) and The International Bibliography of Art (IBA).
- Art Source (EBSCOhost)
- Arts+Architecture ProFiles (Arts:Search)
- Berg Fashion Library (Bloomsbury)
- BFI Screenonline (BFI)
- BHA – Bibliography of the History of Art (Getty)
- Bibliography of British and Irish History (Brepolis)
- Bridgeman Education (Bridgeman Art Library)
- British Newspapers 1600-1900 (Gale Cengage Learning, via JISC)
- British Periodicals (ProQuest, via JISC)
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Country Life Archive (ProQuest)
- DawsonEra Ebooks
- Design Abstracts Retrospective (Arts:Search)
- Dissertations & Theses: UK & Ireland (ProQuest)
- EEBO – Early English Books Online (Chadwyck-Healey)
- Early European Books Online (ProQuest, via JISC)
- Getty Research Portal
- Harper’s Bazaar Archive (ProQuest)
- Index of Christian Art
- ITER – Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- JISC Historical Texts (JISC eCollections) Contains EEBO (Early English Books Online), ECCO (Eighteenth Century Collections Online) and BL 19th Century (19th Century British Library Newspapers).
- JISC Journal Archives (JISC eCollections)
- JISC MediaHub (JISC eCollections)
- John Johnson Collection (Open access)
- JSTOR (including link to the JSTOR Auction Catalogs – Beta)
- Lugt’s Répertoire des Catalogues de Ventes online
- Oxford Art Online (incorporates Grove Art Online and Benezit Dictionary of Artists)
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- Oxford Reference Online
- Periodicals Archive Online (ProQuest, via JISC)
- ProQuest Resources
- ReView (Arts:Search)
- Vogue Archive (ProQuest, via JISC)
- Women’s Magazine Archive (ProQuest)
- Women’s Wear Daily (ProQuest)