School, college and university groups
- The Courtauld Gallery is free to UK school and university groups.
- All school, college and university groups must book in advance via the Education bookings team. This includes Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Colleges and Universities, both UK and International.
Group bookings (non-education groups)
- All groups of 10 or more people must book in advance. This is so that we can help you to avoid clashes with other groups and advise you on the best time to visit. You should allow at least two hours to see the Gallery – you may wish to allow more time if you are booking a guided tour or having refreshments in our café.
- Groups are a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 25 people.
- The admission price for groups changes throughout the year depending on our programming. Please see the dates below in order to plan the cost of your visit correctly.
- In order to take advantage of the special group rate, payment must be made in advance or on arrival in one lump sum. We do not accept individual payments for a group booking.
- Admission for groups is as follows:
|Date||19 October 2017 – 21 January 2018||22 January – 1 September 2018|
|Ticket Type||Permanent Collection and Soutine’s Portraits: Waiters, Cooks and Bellboys||Permanent Collection and all small temporary displays|
|National Art Pass||£4.50||FREE|
Guided tours are available all year round at a cost of £85 for a one-hour highlights tour of the permanent collection (please note we do not allow any guiding in our temporary exhibitions). Tours are subject to availability and must be requested at least two weeks in advance of your visit. Max 25 people. To secure the guided tour we require payment in advance. We require at least 48 hours’ notice when cancelling guided tour bookings. Cancellations after this time will still be charged.
- To make your group booking please download the booking form and email to email@example.com. Please do not use this form if you are an education group. Please go to our Learning page for information on booking your school, college or university visit.
- Groups may bring their own tour guide who will be admitted free of charge to The Gallery. Please note that we do not allow guided tours in the temporary exhibition.
- There are no car or coach parking facilities at Somerset House, except parking for those with disabilities. Please see the section below on disabled access.
- The Gallery is open every day of the year except 25 and 26 December.
- For more information about bringing your group to The Courtauld Gallery please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Courtauld Gallery is fully accessible to wheelchair users. There are two steps and two sets of glass doors located at the entrance to The Gallery. Ramped access is available at an alternative entrance. Please speak to a member of staff upon arrival who will be able to assist you.
- Parking for blue badge holders is available at Somerset House but must be booked in advance. Contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7845 4600 (Monday–Friday, 10.00–17.00, choose option 9).
- The Courtauld Gallery has two wheelchairs available for visitors to use whilst inside The Gallery.
- Folding portable stools are available to visitors. Please speak to staff at the Admissions Desk upon arrival.