BOHEMIAN PARIS LATES
Thursday 3 July and 14 August 2014
18.00 - 21.00
Live Music • Performances • Craft Workshops • Talks • Cocktails
Join us for a night of curiosity and spectacle as we bring to life the excitement of Bohemian Paris in the 1890s.
Enjoy works by Toulouse-Lautrec, Van Gogh, and Manet, as well as:
• Shadow Theatre – Drew Colby of Finger and Thumb Theatre will evoke the shadow theatre performances of the infamous Bohemian Paris haunt – The Chat Noir!
• Live music from the era - we recreate the sounds of the Parisian boulevards, with the songs and street music of the Belle Epoque. Martina Schwarz will be playing a melange of French and Bohemian music on the accordion.
• The Absinthe Den – the green fairy of the Moulin Rouge comes to The Courtauld. Join us in the Absinthe Den for a historic tipple and talk about this controversial drink.
• Craft workshop - get creative and make yourself a dapper adornment with the help of craft aficionado Fran Herrick.
• Photo booth - strike a pose in our recreation of the Bar from Manet's A Bar at the Folies-Bergère
• Talks - discover more about the works of prominent artists from Bohemian Paris including Edouard Manet, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, and Amadeo Modigliani.
• Dress up as a Parisian bohemian and get in for FREE
Admission: £6 / concessions £5
Free admission for students, Friends of The Courtauld, and with National Art Pass*
Online tickets have now sold out for this event.
There will be a limited number of tickets available on the night from the admissions desk.
Courtauld Lates are run by our Public Programmes team. In addition to the Late Openings, we offer Art History short courses, workshops, and events for anyone with an interest in art.
* National Art Pass holders should buy their tickets upon arrival as they cannot book in advance.