wonderfully wicked women and witches
Thursday 26 March and 7 May 2015
18.30 - 21.00*
Discover The Courtauld after hours. Explore our world-famous permanent collection as well as the exhibition Goya: The Witches and Old Women Album. Join us for a night of live music, performance, and creative workshops to celebrate wonderfully wicked women and witches!
• Mistress of the Macabre, Mary Beth Morosa will roam the galleries performing a fusion of performance poetry, mime and cabaret drawing on the themes of superstition, witchcraft, dreams and desire!
• Live music: Matthew Robinson will imbue the galleries with the haunting sounds of Spanish guitar as he performs a programme of music from the time of Goya and inspired by the themes of the exhibition.
• Find out more: hear talks on the harlots and heroines of the exhibition and collection.
• Competition: The most curious, creative and enchanting spell cast into the Courtauld Cauldron will win a prize!
• Mother’s Ruin: Gin talks and tastings in the Lates bar from The London Gin Club
• Fancy Dress: dress as a witch, wizard or wonderfully wicked (wo)man to receive a free drink from the Lates bar! The darkest and most deviant witch will win a prize!
• Get creative in one of our workshops:
Talisman-tastic! A talisman is believed to contain magical properties to provide protection for its owner. Get crafty and make your own to ward away evil and attract good luck.
The Macabre Drawing Salon; create your own macabre composition! Try your hand at drawing our grotesque and nightmarish witch’s table tableaux with the help of artist Nadine Mahoney.
In partnership with
Courtauld Lates are run by our Public Programmes team. In addition to the Late Openings, we offer Art History short courses, workshops, and events for anyone with an interest in art.
*Last admission 20.30