The Book Library provides access to a number of bibliographic databases and other online resources for Courtauld students and staff.
Some resources are accessible on campus only and others are also accessible off campus using Athens username and password. For a full list of resources accessible via Athens, please log on to MyAthens and select the Resources tab.
Please note that IT Services enable you to login to Courtauld computers from home using SSL software. This should enable you to access all our online resources whether you are on or off campus. Please follow the Login from Home - SSL link under IT Services on the Courtauld Intranet for instructions and contact the IT Centre if you have any queries.
If you encounter any problems accessing any of the online resources subscribed to by the Book Library, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers (Gale Cengage Learning)
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers/British Newspapers 1600-1900 (Gale Cengage Learning)
- Archival Sound Recordings (British Library)
- Art, Design and Architecture Collection (ProQuest) Contains ArtBibliographies Modern (ABM), Art & Humanities Full Text, The Design and Applied Arts Index (DAAI) and The International Bibliography of Art (IBA).
- Art Source (EBSCOhost)
- ArtBibliographies Modern (Proquest)
- Berg Fashion Library (Berg)
- BFI Screenonline (BFI)
- BHA - Bibliography of the History of Art (Getty)
- Bibliography of British and Irish History (Brepolis)
- Bridgeman Education (Bridgeman Art Library)
- Chicago Manual of Style
- DawsonEra Ebooks
- EEBO - Early English Books Online (Chadwyck-Healey)
- Early European Books Online (ProQuest)
- Getty Research Portal
- Index of Christian Art
- Index to Theses
- ITER - Gateway to the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- JISC Historic Books (JISC eCollections) Contains EEBO (Early English Books Online), ECCO (Eighteenth Century Collections Online) and BL 19th Century (19th Century British Library Newspapers).
- JISC Journal Archives (JISC eCollections)
- JISC MediaHub (JISC eCollections)
- John Johnson Collection (ProQuest)
- JSTOR (including link to the JSTOR Auction Catalogs - Beta)
- Lugt's Répertoire des Catalogues de Ventes online
- Oxford Art Online (incorporates Grove Art Online and Benezit Dictionary of Artists)
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- Oxford Reference Online
- Vogue Archive (Proquest)
- Zetoc - British Library Electronic Table of Contents