What is Courtauld Connects?
Courtauld Connects is a major, multi-million-pound transformation project.
It is the biggest development programme since The Courtauld Institute of Art moved to Somerset House in 1989. Supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, it will enable The Courtauld significantly to improve teaching and research facilities, enhance the Gallery and widen and extend our reach locally, nationally and internationally.
- Adapting our historic building into an accessible estate appropriate for contemporary audiences
- Improving Gallery, conservation and academic facilities, enabling deeper connections between curating, teaching and research
- Enhancing the quality of the experience for visitors, students and staff
- Exciting new audiences and expanding public engagement with The Courtauld’s collections, heritage expertise, research and programmes
- A new Public Research Forum, ‘Open Courtauld’, providing audiences nationally and internationally with a platform for debate, as well as sharing knowledge about topical and important issues in the arts
- Contributing to the future, long-term, sustainability of The Courtauld
What does Courtauld Connects involve?
The project involves two phases:
- Phase One: Will focus on improving the building’s accessibility and the care of our internationally-renowned collection with newly integrated back of house facilities for storage and art handling and improved spaces for conservation departments.
- Phase Two: Will provide state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facilities
Who are the architects?
Stirling Prize-winning architects Witherford Watson Mann
Where can visitors find out more information?
More information on the project will be published on the Courtauld Connects web pages as the project develops. Or you can email: email@example.com
How can I help support the project?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive further information on how to support the project.
What will happen to Friends Memberships?
Friends membership will continue with an enhanced membership offer which will launch later this year.
Check this website and sign-up for the Gallery e-newsletter to be the first to hear about our exciting plans for Friends.